I was so honored to be nominated for the Liebster award by Diary of a Twenty Something. I absolutely love reading her posts, there’s really a little something for everyone, her posts are so diverse. Let alone the fact that she’s just so positive and uplifting. Francesca is so sweet and really just a breath of fresh air. You can check out her Liebster Award nomination here. Thank you so much, Francesca!
So the Liebster Award only exists online, Liebster means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It was created by a blogger, The Global Aussie, to honor other bloggers that fit this description.
When you’re nominated you are asked eleven questions by the nominating blogger in order to get to know the face behind the blog. There are, of course, rules to the award but I’ll go over that stuff later. Here are the eleven questions asked of me and my answers.
- What is the meaning behind your blog’s name?
It actually came from the fact that it was really hard for my friends to think of me as a mother. I’m not, by any means of the word, motherly. I’m a potty- mouth bartender that never sugar coats anything and I like that about myself. I wanted to make sure that other people were aware that my language may not always be the most appropriate or politically correct and I don’t intend to change that just because I became a mom. I am unapologetically honest and real.
2. What’s the hardest decision you ever had to make?
In all honesty it was probably moving in with my husband. That’s a scary thing, when you know that you have a good thing going and you’re afraid to mess it up. Living with someone is so much harder than dating someone. You learn all their quirks and you begin to realize that they’re just as human as you are. Besides the fact that you can no longer keep that perfect facade either. You’re going to have bad days and you have to trust that they’ll be patient and understanding.
3. If you could go back in time to any time- in your lifetime or before- what would you change and why?
It’s no secret that I miss my dad. He passed away unexpectedly when I was just 23, during a time that I was being pretty selfish and just trying to figure out life. When he passed we hadn’t seen each other much the past two years because I had just moved across the country. So If I could go back in time, I would go back to those last few years and make every effort I could to see him more often.
4. Which blog post made you feel the most emotional whilst writing it and why?
Actually, this one. That last question had me tearing up.
5. Is your blog private or open and shared amongst your family and friends?
It’s opened and shared because that’s really why I created it in the first place. I really wanted to be able to tell new moms things I wish I had known beforehand. I also use it to update people on my life and what our family is doing. It’s both bittersweet to have lived and visited so many places, because I’m constantly missing someone. We’re all spread out all over the world, so as impersonal as it sounds sometimes this is the easiest way for us to keep in touch.
6. One quality you picked up from your parents and would you change it?
The first one that comes to mind is my temper. It’s gotten better through the years but sometimes certain things just set me off. I’m currently working on changing it but it’s definitely not an easy thing.
7. If you could buy any item right now, what would it be?
That’s a tough one. Probably a horse. I really miss riding all the time, it’s always been a passion of mine. It’s just not a necessity right now so you know, your wants kind of fall by the wayside and it becomes about your kids.
8. What do you do in your spare time when you’re not working/blogging?
Blogging and Moming take up most of my time, but if I’m not doing that I love to cook and coupon and create. I love crafting, trying new recipes, and finding great deals.
9. How have you changed in the last year? Is it for the good or the bad?
It’s definitely for the better. I was pretty selfish before. It was really all about me and whatever I wanted and fuck the rest. When I moved in with Justin it really became about how much of myself could I give up and give to him and what I could do to make his life easier.
10. How do you plan to change in the next year?
I hope to continue to become a better wife and mother as well as grow as an entrepreuner. I like where I am today but I think there’s always room for improvement.
11. Where does your inspiration for blog posts come from?
It comes from things I’m currently going through or have been on my mind a lot. Or I’ll learn something and think, I had no idea and I need to let other people know about this! I really just want to help people. Specifically other women, and let them know that it’s ok to be yourself. There’s no right or wrong way to do this thing called life, so just be you.
So back to the rules…
11 questions answered.
11 new nominations.
and 11 questions for the nominees.
Here are my favorite eleven follows this week, which will also be my nominees! Poke around on their sites, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Nominees, here are my 11 questions for you to answer:
- What was one event in your life that you would describe as a turning point for yourself, and why?
- What led you to start blogging?
- What is one short term goal that you have set for yourself?
- What is one long term goal that you have set for yourself?
- And do they coinside with one another?
- What is one of your favorite memories from when you were a kid?
- Looking back, what advice would you give your kid self if you could go back in time?
- What is one thing you wish you could change about your parents or the way you were raised, if anything?
- What is the one thing on your bucket list you absolutely have to do?
- If you could have a conversation with anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be and why?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned in your lifetime, up to this point?
I can’t wait to read all of your answers, nominees. Don’t forget to link this post in your own and leave me a comment with your link to your Liebster Award post so I can read all your answers!
Thanks again, Francesca! And happy blogging!